How To Book a Party
If you wish to learn more about private classes in my studio, or regular classes in your home for 1-7 to click here.
Why hire us?
Because we travel to YOU! We can meet in your dining room or another location of your choice such as a worship center, school, restaurant, club house or even your garage. Since you are not meeting at a public local bar you will save money on food and the entire family, including the kids, can paint together. You can dress how you want, be as obnoxious as you want and even go barefoot or throw a pajama party. The best part is that you will be safe and surrounded only by the people that you know. By hiring us you are supporting a local artist and a small, woman owned family business. Thank you!
How do I book a private U’Paint N’Party event?
1. Contact us first to set a date:
Contact us at least two weeks in advance to see if we are available to meet on your selected day. (757-856-3855 is a land line in my home office or email at upaintnparty@aol) Although we have a team of instructors, Saturdays often book up months in advance.
You have 3 types of parties to select from.
1. Standard private home party, $20 per canvas (changing to $25 in mid April)
2. School / Military, /worship party $18 per canvas (changing to $20 in mid April)
3. Fundraiser. $17 per canvas.
See below for pricing information including a possible long distance travel fee and other potential fees. We will get all of your party information during this first contact.
2. One week after booking your party:
We can hold your date as pending for one week to give you time to pay your DEPOSIT on this web site and agree to our TERMS via email.
The $40 deposit is applied towards the total cost of your party. We will send a confirmation response when your email is received. If you pay by Groupon you must still make a deposit to hold your date, it will be refunded to you after your event. We require that your deposit and agreement to our terms is made with in one week of booking your event to avoid cancellation.
3. Plan your event:
We arrive one hour in advance of the event to set up. We suggest that you ask your guests to arrive at least 15 - 30 minutes before the class starting time so that they have a chance to say hi, fix a drink and mingle. We must start on time but your late friends may join in after we start as long as everyone finishes on time. See below for a potencial late start fee.
Remind your friends that they should wear old clothing since paint stains even though we provide aprons. You provide the tables, chairs, disposable plastic table cloths and drop cloths if you have carpet. If you wish to have a drop cloth to protect your carpet we suggest using plastic disposable table cloths and taping them down with strong tape to avoid tripping hazards.
Leave enough room around the table for each guest to have about 3 feet of space to work. A 6 foot table will comfortably fit 6 average sized adults, 2 on each long side, one on each end. Leave room for the instructor to walk behind each guest after the guests are seated. Have these set up before the instructor arrives please.
If you wish to hold your event at a restaurant, we can make some great restaurant recommendations for you to follow up on. Be sure to tell the restaurant manager that we need all tables ready for set up 1 hour in advance. The host and instructor should arrive to the restaurant at least one hour in advance.
We will contact you a day or so before your event to make sure that everything is ready. If your guest count increases by more than 5 people we must be notified at least a few days in advance so that we can purchase extra supplies.
4. One hour before the event:
Your instructor will arrive 1 hour before start time to set up. Larger parties may require additional set up time. Please have your tables covered with disposable table clothes, drop cloths taped to the floor (carpet floors only) and chairs set up BEFORE we arrive so that we can start on time. The responsable host must be present at the time of the instructor's arrival.
We have several instructors, both men and women. Usually they bring an assistant but sometimes they arrive alone. We will tell you the names of our instructors in advance. You may request a specific instructor or a specific gender in advance.
5. Party time!
Your guests pay you in advance of the party. The responsible host will give us one payment at the end of the party based on a head count. If your guests wish to pay in check or credit, we ask that they they pay the host, and the host makes one payment to us.
If less than 8 guests arrive the host is responsible for paying us for a minimum of 8 guests. The host is also responsible for paying late start fees and long distance travel fees if applicable. See below for pricing information. We can accept one payment by check, cash or credit. We do not carry change.
The host is responsible for getting the guests to the easels on time and finishing their paintings before the end of the party.
We encourage your guests to eat, drink and dance during the party. They will paint along with us for about 2 hours to complete an easy masterpiece. After about 2 hours we will take a group photo. FUN FUN FUN!
Play some awesome dance music, decorate, prepare great food, have a great time!!
Other important information:
Please read and agree to our TERMS.
Our terms are really pretty simple and common for most entertainment companies. They are based on some of the crazy parties we have had in the past, so we apologize if they seem rather odd.. We will ask you to e-mail that you agree to our terms at the time that you pay the deposit. If you have issues or questions concerning our terms we can make accommodations in most cases. Just let us know. We are very flexable.
Private House Party:
Please contact us at 757-856-3855 or at email@example.com for our current prices and huge disconts for private parties.
- We have a minimum requirement of 8 guests to travel to your private party. Please contact us before making any purchases to make sure that we have your date available.
School/ Military and Worship Centers
$20 per ticket
- If you are hosting an event at a school, military or worship center, the cost of the tickets are discounted to $18 until April 15, then tickets will raise to $20.. We do not accept Groupon tickets or offer seasonal specials for school and worship centers since they are already discounted.
$18 per ticket
- If you are hosting a fundraiser the cost of the tickets are discounted to $18 There is a minimum of 20 painters to receive this cost. If you have less than 20 guests we can still hold the event but will charge the cost or a normal private party. We do not accept Groupon forfundraisers since they are already discounted. You may charge your guests whatever price you wish and the difference is applied towards your cause.
- We have an 8 guest minimum payment for all parties. If you have less than 8 guests we can still hold the event, but will be required to charge for a total of 8 guests. The host is responsible for paying for the 8 guest total. Since our price is so low, many clients host parties with less than 8 people and simply charge their guests a bit more to accommodate for the additional cost.
Long Distance $40
- If you would like us to travel over 30 miles from our home office which is near the corner of Jefferson Ave and Denbigh in Newport News, there will be an additional $40 charge for a long distance travel fee. Long distance usually includes Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Chesapeake and parts of Norfolk.
Refundable Deposit $40
- You are required to pay the $40 deposit to hold your date with in one week of making your appointment. This deposit will be applied to your party. If we have not received the deposit and your email with the terms agreement with in one week of choosing your date we have the right to cancel your party. Pay for your deposit and read the terms at this link: DEPOSIT
- If you cancel your event 7 days before the date of your party we will issue you a full deposit refund. If you give at least 48 hours’ notice of cancellation we will issue you credit to be used towards a future party. If you cancel without notice the deposit will not be refunded. If we need to cancel due to bad weather we will reschedule your party using the same deposit.
Commission a Special Canvas $40
- If you don't see something you love in our GALLERY, You may commission us to make something special just for your group. The cost to commission a special painting is $40 and must be ordered and paid for at least 2 weeks in advance. It takes me about 5 hours to research and compose a new class canvas. I can not paint a canvas from another painting company, but I can use their work as a reference.
Late start fee $40
- If you think you might need to delay your painting start time by more than 30 minutes you will not be charged a late start fee if you can give us a few hours notice before we leave for your event. If however you request that we start later than 30 minutes from the scheduled time after we arrive, or if you do not have your tables, disposable table cloths and chairs set up before we arrive causing us to start late, you will be charged the late fee. Our time is valuable and most of our instructors have other jobs.
- We suggest telling your guests to arrive earlier than the start time. Since it is rude to start late due to late arriving guests, we prefer to start without them and they may paint with us after they arrive, but are required to finish on time, in about 2 hours. (Late arrivals are highly disrupting to the rest of the class since the instructor has to stop teaching and help them to catch up.)
- The reason for this 30 minute "wiggle" room is because traffic in Hampton is highly unpredictable.
Is there an additional show up fee?
- No. Other than the possible long distance travel fee of $40,a new creation fee of $40 or the very rare late start fee of $40, we do not charge extra to party with you. Please see below for information about these potential additional fees.
What are our event TERMS?
Our terms are really pretty simple and common for most entertainment companies. They are mostly based on past experiences. They are intended to allow you to have a smooth and well organized event. If you do not agree with anything please just let us know so that we can work with you.
Are you on Groupon?
Yes, but only for private home parties with a maximum of 7 Groupon tickets per event. Some restrictions apply so please contact us before purchasing tickets in advance on Groupon.
Does the paint stain?
Yes. Please ask your guests to leave their ball gowns and tuxedos at home and wear old clothes. If you have hard floors the student grade acrylic paint (https://www.dickblick.com/products/blickrylic-student-acrylics/) will clean off even once it is dry, but if you have carpet please consider covering all of the area in that room with a drop cloth or disposable table cloths and taping them down to avoid tripping hazards. Disposable table clothes cost less than one dollar if you purchase them at Wallmart. Note that if there are areas of your carpet that are not covered, guests can accidently receive a paint covered footprint on your wet tarp and step onto the uncovered area, so cover and tape down ALL of your carpet in the painting room.
The paint will come out of carpet and clothing if you remove it before it dries with either hand dish soap or rubbing alcohol. If you see a paint stain let us know right away so that we can assist you in removing it immediately. You are responsible for the drop clothes and table cloths, but we provide aprons.
Do you need to have artistic ability to host a U’Paint N’Party event?
Nope! You only need to have a positive attitude and be able to hold a paint brush. We will show you step by step how to create your painting so you and your friends can just relax and have a great time. Its all about having fun!
What do you get for the cost of the ticket?
For one ticket you may create one large 16 x 20” acrylic canvas. You also get to keep the memories of painting with your friends and family, and that will last forever.
What materials does U’Paint N’Party provide for each party?
We provide table easels, canvases, acrylic paints, palettes, water cups, brushes, aprons, and paper towels. We do not charge extra for the bad jokes.
What does the host provide?
Mostly we require running water, decent lighting, chairs, tables (covered in disposable plastic table cloths), and if we are painting in a carpeted area please also cover and tape down with tarps or disposable tablecloths. (Remember that the tables covered in disposable table clothes and chairs must be set up prior to our arrival in order for your party to start on time.) Consider providing food, drinks, decorations, great music and door prizes for a memorable event. Its your party, have fun!
We can not attend a party where there are illegal substances being used.
Does each guest get to paint a different acrylic painting?
All guests paint the same canvas. Even though you are all doing the same painting we encourage artistic license, and no two paintings ever turn out the same. For most paintings you get to choose your own colors. Check out some group photos on our Facebook page to see the variety of results.
How long does the private party usually last?
You should plan for a total of around 3 and a half hours total. You and Your instructor will arrive 1 hour in advance to set up. The class itself usually takes around two hours. When everyone is done we clean up in about a half hour.
Do you have a minimum or maximum amount of guests you can allow at a party?
We require no less than 8 guests. We have the supplies for 80 guests. Please just let us know your numbers as soon as possible so we can hire extra instructo
Plan to have room for your guests to get in and out of their seats and for the instruc
your guests. Each paint setting requires about 3 feet of table sp.
Is there an age requirement to attend a party?
If the child is under the age of 8 we only ask that they sit next to an adult who will take responsibility for their behavior and give a helping hand. The adult is not required to paint their own canvas if they are assisting a child..
We ask that babies, toddlers and small animals are not in the room during the party for safety reasons. The paint is toxic and your instructor is a klutz who tends to trip over small objects.
We look forward to painting with you. Thank you for supporting a locally owned family busines