1. The deposit and agreement to these terms are required no later than one week after booking your event. Please send an email to UpaintnParty@aol.com after your deposit and tell us that you either:
A) Agree to the terms
B) Don't understand the terms and require additional information
C) Request an altered form of the terms.
2. The responsible host must be present from the time that we arrive until we are done cleaning up. We arrive 1 hour in advance of the party. We arrive up to 2 hours early for larger events.
3. If we arrive and set up on time, and you ask us to delay the class start time by more than 30 minutes from the agreed start time there is an additional $40 late fee. If we are late setting up because your tables, table cloths and chairs are not in place when we arrive this may also count towards a late start fee. Ask your guests to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time. We prefer to start with in this 30 minute time frame and have later guests join in after they arrive.
4. Paint stains! We provide aprons but U’paint N’Party is not held legally responsible for paint stains in your location, or on your guest's clothing if those stains are made by your own guests.
Since it is your responsibility to protect your location from stains we suggest that you tape down some disposable table cloths over the entire carpeted area in the room you are teaching in and ask your guests to wear older clothing. (Taping the floor cloths will avoid tripping hazards.) We also ask that you provide the disposable table clothes for your tables. Acrylic Paint is easily removed from fabric if you apply dish soap or rubbing alcohol immediately before it dries and sets. Paint does not stain linoleum or wood floors or skin.
5. If hosting at a restaurant or rented space, make sure that they are aware how much space we need and that the tables are open to be set up 1 - 2 hours before the party starts. The responsible host must be present at the restaurant when we arrive to set up.
6. Have tables, chairs, disposable plastic table cloths and drop cloths set up no later than one hour in advance. Please keep in mind that one 6 foot long table can seat 6 painters. The easel and supplies take up about 24" per student.
7. If your guest count changes by more than 5 guests we must have a 48 hour advance notice.
8. If you give less than a two week notice of cancellation your deposit will not be refunded. If you give us at least a two week notice your deposit will be applied towards a future event or refunded. If we experience hazarderous weather conditions we will assist you in rescheduling your event.
9. If you live on the southside of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, or more than 30 miles from our home office there is an additional traveling fee of $40 added to the cost of your party.
10. Groupon tickets are limited to 7 tickets per party for private parties only. Please contact us before purchasing Groupon tickets to check for availability. If you do purchase Groupon please print the receipt and give it to us at the end of the party. Groupon is not available for fundraisers or school/worship parties since they are already reduced below the Groupon rate.
11. Your guests will pay the responsible host in advance of the party. After the party is over the host and instructor will meet in private for the host to pay one payment in cash, credit or check made out to Emily Flowers. Full payment is required on the day of the event after your party is over. We deduct your deposit from this final payment. We do not carry change.
12. We require payment for a minimum of 8 tickets. If less than 8 guests arrive the hostess is responsible for paying for the additional tickets.
13. If a child is under the age of 8 we ask that they sit next to an adult who will take responsibility for their behavior and give a helping hand.
13. For safety reasons we do not permit toddlers, babies or dogs in the same room that we are painting in. Paint is toxic and our instructors have tripped over wandering little ones!
14. We have several instructors. Our instructors usually bring an assistant. If you would like the name of your instructor or prefer a specific gender for your instructor and your assistant prior to your event, please let us know. If you request a specific instructor please let us know in advance.
15. We can not teach a party if there are illegal substances at the event.
16. We must know in advance if you plan to host outside since some of our instructors are unable to tolerate intense heat. Keep in mind that one good breeze and all of the canvases and pallets will fly off the tables!
17. If you commission a canvas please know that we can not paint a licenced character or logo for legal reasons.
Private party, $50 per ticket.(Contact us to receive a "spring special" 50% reduction.) 8 guest minimum
School / Worship / military groups, $20 per ticket, 8 guest minimum.
Fundraiser, $18. 20 guest minimum.