This is our home residence, not a business location.
Call us at 757-856-3855 (Land line) to pay by telephone using a credit card.
There are 3 different options for making your $40 deposit.
This deposit is applied towards your final cost and must be received with in one week of booking your date.
2. Mail a personal check
3. Credit by Telephone
To read a detailed explanation of these terms please go to the link, Home Party.
1. If we do not receive the deposit and contract agreement by email with in one week after booking your event your event will be cancelled. You may call for an extension of a few days.
2. The responsible host must be present at the location from the time that we arrive until we are done cleaning up. We arrive about 1 hour in advance of the party.
3. If we arrive and set up on time, and you ask us to delay the class start time by more than 30 minutes, there is an additional $40 late fee. As a professional courtesy to your guests and to us, we prefer to start with in this 30 minute time frame and have late guests join in late instead of delaying the event by more than 30 minutes.
4. Paint stains! We provide aprons but U’paint N’Party is not held legally responsible for paint stains in your location, or on your guest's clothing if those stains are made by your own guests. If you have carpet consider taping down some disposable table cloths over the entire carpeted area in the room. Taping avoids tripping. Ask your guests to wear old clothes. You provide the plastic disposable plastic table clothes for your tables. These can not be reused. Paint does not stain linoleum or wood floors or skin.
5. If your guest count increases by more than 5 guests we must have a 48 hour advance notice in order to pick up supplies.
6. If you give less than a two week notice of cancellation your deposit will not be refunded but can be applied towards a future event. If you give us more than a two week notice your deposit can be applied towards a future event or refunded.
7. If you live on the Southside of the HRBT / MMT, or live more than 60 miles round trip from our home office there is an additional traveling fee of $40 added to the cost of your party. We are near the corner of Jefferson Blv and Denbigh Blv in Newport News, VA.
8. Please have your tables, chairs and table cloths up and ready before our arrival to set up. We usually arrive one hour in advance of the painting start time to set up.
9. After the party is over the host and instructor will meet in private for the host to pay one payment in cash, credit or one check made out to Emily Flowers. We do not carry change. If less than 8 guests arrive the hostess is responsible for paying for the additional tickets. We suggest asking your guests to pay you in advance.
We can accept no more than 7 Groupon vouchers per event. Additional tickets must be paid for at the door at the regular price. Vouchers must be given to the instructor along with any cash payments at the end of the event. Groupon tickets are only valid for private parties.
10. If a child is under the age of 8 we ask that they sit next to an adult who will take responsibility for their behavior and give a helping hand. If they are younger they should "share" a canvas with an adult.
11. For safety reasons we do not permit toddlers, babies or dogs in the same room that we are painting in.
12. We have several instructors. Our instructors usually bring an assistant. If you would like the name of your instructor or prefer a specific gender or a specific instructor for your party please let us know during the booking process. All instructors are professional artists. Emily does most parties herself, but if there is a double booking she often assigns an assistant to the later booking. The instructor could change at the last minute due to illness or other factors. If this is the case we will let you know.
13. We can not teach a party if there are illegal substances at the event.
14. We can not teach a party outdoors.
1. Read the contract below
2. Pay your deposit using one of the methods below
3. Send an e-mail stating that you you paid your deposit and agree to our terms.
If you have questions about the terms or want an exemption from any term please just let me know. I am actually very flexible. Your date is not held if I do not receive the contract acceptance email and deposit with in 1 week of selecting your date. Not completing these steps by your pending date automatically cancels your event.
How to secure your event date
Once you have read the terms below please reply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org that you agree with them, or let us know if you need an acceptation. This email acceptance of our contractual agreement is required with in one week of booking your party in order to hold your date.